It's your engineering skills vs. a magnitude 10 earthquake. Who will win?
Following along with the seismic science book and using the included building pieces, young engineers get to construct all kinds of buildings and then put them to the test with quakes of all different types, magnitudes, and durations.
Build them tall, wide, stout, skinny – The variable-lock girder system offers endless structural experimentation while the dual-motion shake table lets kids discover which structures stand up to which kinds of earthquakes best.
Do you have what it takes to build the strongest, sturdiest building ever?
Break your way into the rambunctious science of seismology with the Aftershock Earthquake Lab!
Aftershock! Earthquake Lab
- Building pieces and science book for experimenting with structural engineering and earthquakes
- Encourages visual-spatial skills, logic, experimentation, creativity, an interest in engineering
- Test your engineering skills against all kinds of earthquakes!
- Variable-lock girder system offers endless structural experimentation
- Dual-motion shake table simulates all types of seismic events
- Includes motorized shake table, building platform, 32 variable-lock building girders, 9 floor panels, base panel, 8 sheaths of structural cladding, 6 mix-and-match quake keys, 3 interlocking power spines, sticker sheet
- 24-page, full-color science/instruction book included
- Requires 3 AA batteries – Not included
- High quality materials for exceptional experimenting and learning experience
Aftershock Earthquake Lab
This item is extra large and shipping is not available. Please choose the store pick up option.