JANUARY 2023 UPDATE
At this time all positions are filled. You are welcome to leave your completed application and resume for future positions but at this time we are not hiring.
If you are interested in working at Tumbleweed Toys please print off and complete a copy of this job application. Please bring this in with your resume and cover letter and drop off at the store.
Are you a game & toy enthusiast? We’re hiring!
We are a local family-run Toy Store with a desire to help our people grow! By joining our team you will find an excellent work-life balance, flexible scheduling, easy time-off, a sweet staff discount and access to our amazing library of game demos!
Positions we’re hiring for:
Part Time Seasonal Customer Service Associate
- Possess a knowledge of children, child development, and age appropriate playthings
- Have excellent manners and communications skills
- Are self directed workers, able to see what needs to be done and then do it
- Are extremely reliable, including transportation and attendance
- Are able to work mornings, afternoons, evenings & weekends
- Are able to lift heavy boxes and frequently go up and down stairs
- Have retail experience and be confident with customer service
- Are enthusiastic about toys & games and willing to learn more
- Actively participate in ongoing staff training
- Assisting customers – you must enjoy helping people!
- Operating a computer based cash register and handling sales transactions.
- Process freight shipments, including unpacking boxes, pricing, and accurately tracking/recording paperwork.
- Merchandise and restock product and maintain displays throughout the store.
- Daily housekeeping chores.
This is retail – which means not a sit-down job, and you must be comfortable working with people. Availability to work a variety of hours, including day shifts, afternoon/evenings, and weekends, is a must. December is a busy, critical month for us, and employees are expected to work additional hours during that time and there is a blackout period for additional time off for the 6 week leading up to Christmas.
The Part Time Sales Associate position is 20+ hours per week and is seasonal with a possible extension past Christmas.
To apply for either position please complete a job application submit your application, resume & cover letter to [email protected] or drop it off at the store.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.